We currently have over 14,400 location listings in the Overnight RV Parking website database. Keeping these listings current is a lot bigger job than it was 10 years ago, when we had fewer than 4,000. Constant updating is important because things change all the time. For example, retail stores that allow Overnight RV Parking change their policy and don’t allow it any more. Some places that haven’t allowed it in the past start allowing it again. Businesses in our database close or change ownership. Rest areas open and close, sometimes for a few hours or days, and sometimes for months on end.
Our subscribers assist in the updating process by sending us update reports on the places where they park overnight, or where they’re able to confirm what the Overnight RV Parking policy is. They receive free weeks added to their subscriptions for these reports.
In April & May of 2020, we added or updated a total of 1,679 of our listings:
- 529 – Rest Areas, Welcome Centers, Turnouts, Etc.
- 341 – Walmart & Sam’s Club
- 259 – Truck Stops & Gas Stations
- 210 – City & State Parks, BLM, public lands, fairgrounds
- 64 – Other restaurants
- 57 – Elks, Moose, Eagles Lodges
- 53 – Home Improvement, Farm & Ranch Stores
- 46 – Cracker Barrels
- 34 – Miscellaneous
- 32 – Casinos, Racetracks
- 26 – Cabela’s, Bass Pro, Other Sporting Goods
- 21 – Other retail stores
- 7 – Camping World, Gander RV
1,679 – TOTAL
This is a continuous process. Already in June we’re on track to exceed 800 updates this month.
0 comments on “We updated more than 1,650 location listings in April and May”